+2
ogami
Pinta
6 participants
AuteurMessage
Pinta

Pinta

Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Empty
MessageSujet: Wolfsbane and Feral By troy.   Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. I_icon_minitimeDim 25 Mar - 21:11

Hi folks!
Yet another WIP you will tell me! This time it will be supported for the best reason in Ze World : Customer Delay.

I just thought about what you wrote recently, Sleepwalker.
Why do we work on kits ? Why do I go to this type of Hobby ?

The most sustained work I could do was a commission, and I notice that the "freedom" does not help me to achieve, I'm lost in technical details or thoughts about "the best way to work".

Younger, I probably would have killed to make Marvel superhero kits, with no real opportunity to get these models, why do not do it for someone who can get them?
I wouldn't keep them, but the experience will necessarily be positive.
And it will question myself, what am I trying to achieve by the technical challenge ?

This may seem a bit odd, but by always searching for the models of of my youth, maybe I just lost myself.
What is my prime motivation ? I don't know anymore...

So.
- Rahne Sinclair (Wolfsbane) - (Félina in french) by TROY, the incredible sculptor.
- Feral from X-Force, also made ​​by TROY.

Doing these two models is exciting for me, because they really correspond to my generation.

Since all work start from the beginning, let's review the kit itself.
The sculpture is impressive, of course. The resin is new to me, softer and more flexible. The details are very thin.
Recast it is far from cheap quality issue.

This does not prevent bubbles and ... stitching problems. ^__^""

Threaded rod, and threaded holes in the kit. For maximum strength of the object.
Adding Milliput when pasting, for filling the gaps.

Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes10
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes11
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes12
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes13
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes14
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes15
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes16
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes17

And a small assembly, to up the motivation.
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes18
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes19
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes20

Lot of wasted time, for not much, but a capital "not much" step.

See you next week.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
ogami
--
ogami

MessageSujet: Re: Wolfsbane and Feral By troy.   Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. I_icon_minitimeLun 26 Mar - 10:04

I don't know these characters at all but they seems to be very nice to work on.
I will watch the next steps ! Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. 3615703185 Cheers !
http://ogamitaicho.deviantart.com
Pinta

Pinta

MessageSujet: Re: Wolfsbane and Feral By troy.   Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. I_icon_minitimeLun 26 Mar - 20:17

Ah? Strange that you don't know that Marvel period.

My grandfather bought me this album when I was about 6-7 years.

Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Captur10

Probably thinking that superheroes books are harmless. WRONG !
Ruin the mental health of your little ones with Warlock (-my dad want to kill me-) and Rachel (-I'm a slave and all the mutants are deaaaad in the future-) first appearance.
Stories quite traumatic for the young reader I was.
L'autre

L'autre

MessageSujet: Re: Wolfsbane and Feral By troy.   Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. I_icon_minitimeMar 27 Mar - 3:31

Felina was a great character yes (I mean "was" because to me, this sent me back from twenty years in the past,
and I would say that this was with this characters that I realy began to draw Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. 3594594982)),
and your kit seams to be quite closed to Rob liefeld's X-force period.
Sad to see that they cut her legs... I know that we always said that facing a bust, and it began to became boring,
but it's stronger than any other thing, maybe is it our own legs that wanted to talk?:P Anyway you knows what you have to do? Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. 2388978530 Just kidding!^^))

"This may seem a bit odd, but by always searching for the models of of my youth, maybe I just lost myself."
It make me think about a reflectiv theory about ego, a theory dealing with the Narcissus behaviour (that has been completely ruined by white Barbs also called Docteur Cock ), and this theory tell us that to love someone means that we fell in love with ourself in the eyes of the beloved that look at ourself with the eyes of love. So in love we are three, not just three, and regarding to Deleuze/Guatari, we could be as many as the mind could discribe is own territory. And then we love the beloved because he love ourself that we love now and this "me" is in love with....

Spoiler:

So in that way, we could argue that kitting is a way to find ourself espacially if we concider Gk as a figure, that as a real symbolism in psychology.
In the babylonian civilisation, children has to paint themself until they could sculpt a puppet of the way they would became in the future. And 25 000 years before, the most ancient master piece is the Venus of Willendorf, to me it's a gk! Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. 2388978530

But yes, people can do kit just without a thought too, as we could play videogames, watch TV or else....
Anything what we do is a miror, and looking in ourself is looking outself, but we have to take this decision to look in the downward spiral. That certainly the purpose of the "undercover thread": "how could we do things days after days, years after years, without understanding that we could spend so much time in things because there's a sence?"

Anyway, give us your soul! Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. 3378708638 Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Hypnosesansparoles

Seppun
--
Seppun

MessageSujet: Re: Wolfsbane and Feral By troy.   Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. I_icon_minitimeMar 27 Mar - 10:52

What about bayonetta's base Pinta? Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. 2347729334

Spoiler:
L'autre

L'autre

MessageSujet: Re: Wolfsbane and Feral By troy.   Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. I_icon_minitimeMar 27 Mar - 15:14

krichaorh

krichaorh

MessageSujet: Re: Wolfsbane and Feral By troy.   Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. I_icon_minitimeLun 2 Avr - 10:15

Yes cheers you have started quickly...

This kit are very nice and Troy Mac Dewitt is a Marvelous sculptor.
Nice start for the moment.
Pinta

Pinta

MessageSujet: Re: Wolfsbane and Feral By troy.   Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. I_icon_minitimeLun 2 Avr - 22:45

Slightly behind the schedule, but I am having trouble on the "smoothing" step.
The fur of the wolf, especially, was studded with strange and tiny resins balls (see picture).

Well, we'll make it simple:
- Added milliput on fittings.
- Sanding.
- Cleaning.
- Passage of the primer putty to correct defects.

The painting will (soon) be started.
But there is still some kinks to be corrected, just a matter of a few hours.

Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes21
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes22
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes23
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes24
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes25
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes26

The nexts steps will be much more interesting, I think. Smile
I look forward to operate my airbrush again, hope it always works.

Citation :
What about bayonetta's base
@ Seppun :
I still leave, the time that my idea matures.
This is not the first time that I leave behind a kit more than two years.
:P Sorry !

Citation :
the most ancient master piece is the Venus of Willendorf, to me it's a gk!
ROFLMAO !
A big GK ? Yes, definitively. The Recast of this one are good, too bad for the original author. xD

And thank you for your support, buddies. =D
L'autre

L'autre

MessageSujet: Re: Wolfsbane and Feral By troy.   Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. I_icon_minitimeMar 3 Avr - 2:17

Pinta a écrit:

Citation :
the most ancient master piece is the Venus of Willendorf, to me it's a gk!
ROFLMAO !
A big GK ? Yes, definitively. The Recast of this one are good, too bad for the original author. xD

Yes, a big one, all is said, it's 1/12 scale for the head (don't say face) arms and legs, and 1/6 for Fansabisu supplies.

Bubbles came from the silicone mold. With this kind of little bubbles it's better to fix the cast, than trying to fix the mold.
Where did he get those kits? (this is a comission, am I right?)
Pinta

Pinta

MessageSujet: Re: Wolfsbane and Feral By troy.   Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. I_icon_minitimeDim 15 Avr - 19:12

Hi guys !
Long time no see. -_-"""
And yes, sorry, I still have personal problems that have come last weeks (including my car).

I hoped that on the two previous weekend I could advance on these kits, but it was too good to be true.

In the end, I could spend a few short hours on it, today. Blahhhhhh.... :S
There is at least four days late on the order.

Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes27
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes28

A first color layer was passed, but I had trouble with the brown shades. Don't worry if it look strange.

The base is 33% made, the brushing is pending.

With that, best regards, my friends.
Pinta

Pinta

MessageSujet: Re: Wolfsbane and Feral By troy.   Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. I_icon_minitimeDim 22 Avr - 22:27

I don't really have time to work on the kits for the moment.
And always having some personal problems to solve. =.=" Yeepeeee

The painting is on the way, although there are still mistakes on colors that I am trying to correct.
The masking step is close.

Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes29
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes30

Nothing much, for now.
I hope to return soon on the forum, there's some things I would like to comments.

Stay well, folks. Smile

L'autre

L'autre

MessageSujet: Re: Wolfsbane and Feral By troy.   Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. I_icon_minitimeDim 22 Avr - 23:04

Hold on, you're on your way to excellence!! Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. 4248380610 (I realy like all this sunny colors!)
Pinta

Pinta

MessageSujet: Re: Wolfsbane and Feral By troy.   Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. I_icon_minitimeMer 2 Mai - 20:04

Hi !
Thank you, Sleepwalker.

Still not very present, I am. Find the motivation, I must seek (very Yoda, isn't it ? ^^"").
It's awful too see how I can be late on what was planned. Oh dear ! And it isn't finished yet. =(

Finding the right ink is not so simple. Lots of tests but very little progress.
In fact, I still have a little trouble with the logic of Shmincke's inks.
As an example, I spend the first passage of primary yellow, then I pass the magenta over it, and a few minutes of drying later, I get an orange...
But If you go first with the magenta and the yellow after, the results will be ... a sort of pink ...
This is logical but a little disturbing to see the colors changing...
I'm not talking about mixtures, the results are much more unpredictable.

I Begin with a little change on Feral color, again, I'm not sure where I go.
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes32

So, Yay, it's time for some masking. Oh boy !

Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes31
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes33
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes34
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes35

Not sure about the blue undercoat, did it really served the final black render ?

Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes36

I hope this metal color will be ok for the client.
As you can (see?) imagine, it takes at least 10 passes to get something that is acceptable.

Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes37
I also have some concerns about the color of hair, it's closer to the right reference. But ...

Raising the skin color, maybe ?

Of course, the colors are a bit flashy, but I try to take the opposite my habit, and also try to be closer to PVC figures colors.

I'm tired of my workday, all I wish is some sleep.

See ya ! Smile
L'autre

L'autre

MessageSujet: Re: Wolfsbane and Feral By troy.   Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. I_icon_minitimeJeu 3 Mai - 0:35

I am a big big fan of the X-men, more than any other super heros.
During my early teenyears they were my best friends, passing my time at the bookstore, with coins in my pocket! ^^'
And when you are a big fan as your client is, the more important is not the artistic accomplishement. The more important is to get what we were sensible to,
and as a fan I realy love your blue black suit, this is realy the color, very dark with a deep blue.
In the 90's'comicbook, spacialy during the Homage Studios' colorisations, they use for the first time difgital painting, and the colors were realy flashy, that was the point
Spoiler:
so the Félina's hair colors are realy flashy, it's almost a Fluorescent red (like my favorite Mr Color 171), so don't be shy!
And you realy do a very respectfull work, I wish I could have the same Serval, Gambit, Psylocke, Jubilée, Malicia, Colossus, Tornade, Cyclope, Magnéto, Omega Red, Deathstricke.... maybe one day! Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. 3594594982 (but i've never see a good real kit of those character, respecting Jim Lee's design! u_u)

SO Hang on, sleep well, and brush fine! Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Onionpompomgirl
Pinta

Pinta

MessageSujet: Re: Wolfsbane and Feral By troy.   Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. I_icon_minitimeLun 7 Mai - 20:35

Ah, ah ! Yeah, the age of Jim Lee ! *_*
Really epic, I remember the beginning of Betsy/Kwannon - or Rogue half naked, in the wild land, with Magneto and Kazaar - of course I read it for the plot... xD
His style has always been awesome.
In the same time, I've had a religious passion for the work of Adam Warren, his drawing work and his way of telling a story was funny and stunning.

But we go off topic again. Laughing
(And thank you for your comments, my friend. Wink )

I took a little more time this weekend, and I'm getting closer to the end.

The customer was not very convinced by the hair colors of Rahne, and also by the fur's color of Feral.
We are good for a free ride. Yay !

I often had difficulty in choosing the color, but here, it's a new record. The shade has been retouched at least a dozen times.
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes38
...Mmmh... no.
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes39
What ? I don't even...
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes40
Where all this paint go ?
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes41
Maybe, maybe not.
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes42
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes44

That's a lot of same pictures, but it's to show you how much I suffered on the process. Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. 2113965524

Beyond that, few details have been worked.
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes43
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes45

The skin tone was increased with a "more pink" color.
The hair was darkened a bit. The color is a little far from the reference, but I think I've reached my technical limits. : /
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes47

The suit is the next step (ok, I have nothing special to say).
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes46
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes48
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes49
The client wanted a pearl silver color for the belt and gloves details, fortunately, I had it in my little stock.

For masking, sometimes, I just don't protect all of the surfaces. It's a way to save some time.
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes50

Let's see what it look like...
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes51

A small "brush work" on the bases...
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes52

That's all...

Oh, and I have a little problem concerning the two strands... It seems that the artists don't agree about their colors. White or orange ? Both, my general !
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes53

Enjoy your holiday, tomorrow, everybody ! =D

See you next time.
L'autre

L'autre

MessageSujet: Re: Wolfsbane and Feral By troy.   Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. I_icon_minitimeMar 8 Mai - 11:38

The final act is getting closer! Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. 3378708638
Pinta

Pinta

MessageSujet: Re: Wolfsbane and Feral By troy.   Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. I_icon_minitimeDim 20 Mai - 19:20

Hola amigos !
As more time passes, as "the more" I'm late.
It's a bit depressing because I'm on a business trip (in the french drome) with even less time for my hobby.
Needless to say I'm exhausted.

Conclusion : despite the fact that I'm near the end, there's already some much little details to work on.
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes55
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes54

Please, someone, give me a rope.
Crying or Very sad

Nos enteramos de que la próxima vez. Laughing
L'autre

L'autre

MessageSujet: Re: Wolfsbane and Feral By troy.   Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. I_icon_minitimeDim 20 Mai - 20:50

I'm very surprised by her face expression, you're very tallented, I didn't expet that!
I remember your last kit, it was a nude manga kit with sword (Am I rirght?) and I realy prefer this one.
Maybe you could put some dark wash on the hair (not to much I mean)?
Take your time, you're on the starway to perfection! Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. 4248380610
krichaorh

krichaorh

MessageSujet: Re: Wolfsbane and Feral By troy.   Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. I_icon_minitimeLun 28 Mai - 16:01

Wow it's been a long time that i've not come here and i'm impressed cheers cheers cheers

I love Feral so much and the choice of colors. That very closed to 90's style in comics... The same thing for feral.
Your work is very good and I'm sure your customer will be happy Razz
ogami
--
ogami

MessageSujet: Re: Wolfsbane and Feral By troy.   Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. I_icon_minitimeMar 29 Mai - 10:05

Gloops I missed your latest updates and I'm very impressed how it turns ! Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. 3594594982
I love the colors and all the weathering effect on the base.
Cheers ! You have almost finished, your client will be very proud to have such superb work at home ! Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. 4248380610
http://ogamitaicho.deviantart.com
Pinta

Pinta

MessageSujet: Re: Wolfsbane and Feral By troy.   Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. I_icon_minitimeDim 10 Juin - 20:20

Hello !

Again, a long time without any up on this WIP.

- Actually, I'm working outside of my region (hotels and sandwiches all the time). And tomorrow, I'm going in the Ardèche for another long week (6 days of long days working ! T_T ) -
Wakeup at 4:30...

After a good sunday' nap, I tried to move forward a little.

Little details take time - Eyes, mouths and linings-

The end is really near, it will be finished after :
- Some brushes on the furs.
- Some little detais on the teeth.
- Adjusting the color of the claws.

Of course, thank you for your encouragements, my friends. Wink

@ Moonwalker : Ooooh, thanks buddy. About the expression, I think that it is only about the way it was sculped. Really, I didn't do anything special this time.
I follow your advices and put some darks washes (although the photo does not give justice).

@ Krichaorh : Thank you, the choice of colors wasn't easy. Too bad, I'm actually take too much time, it bothers me for my poor customer.
Again, I think that it is the sculpting work that give the style, not really the painting (yeah, I know, but I'm really impress about Mr TROY' work).

@ Ogami
: No problem my friend, GK is a long run activity, after all. Wink
Thank you, I hope too that this will satisfy my customer.

Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes56
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes57
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes58
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes59
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes60

I have to sleep early. x(
Unfinished next time ? Maybe. =D
Pinta

Pinta

MessageSujet: Re: Wolfsbane and Feral By troy.   Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. I_icon_minitimeLun 6 Aoû - 19:06

Hello,
It's been a long time ... again ...

I have a new function in my job, and find myself in the earthworks. hurray Sad
Lacking the physical condition required, I find myself exhausted all days, and my weekends are only to sleep.
Oh, and I also have horrible cramps in the hands ...

So much for the personals infos.

Okay, this WIP is finally over, these pictures are only there to finalize with the client.
Details were refined, some parts have been glued.
Three coats of varnish have been passed.
I tried to make Rahne's eyes a bit more feminine ... Not sure if it work well.

Areas attendents the passage of Matt varnish.

Like a fool, I lost the strands (too tidy, in fact) ... very professional for the customer, don't you think?
I try to redo them with some Milliput, but I still have to work on it.

Unfinished next time before the final packaging.
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes10
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes11
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes12
Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. Rahnes13

Good holidays to those who can have some (...unlike me).
laborman
-
laborman

MessageSujet: Re: Wolfsbane and Feral By troy.   Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. I_icon_minitimeLun 6 Aoû - 22:28

Good work Pinta Smile
Personally, I've done some dry brush on the hair and the fur to gain light.
For the chameleon color purple/gold, you have used out which brand? Tamiya color?
For the eyes, you could possibly make some eyelashes.

Good luck for you new fonction at your work Wink
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Wolfsbane and Feral By troy.   Wolfsbane and Feral By troy. I_icon_minitime

Wolfsbane and Feral By troy.
Page 1 sur 1